Join Us in Uplifting Black Communities!
Are you passionate about being a part of Black-owned business growth? Are you ready to amplify Black voices and communities?
We seek to continually develop our team with talented and committed individuals who are ready to impact our local Black-owned businesses.
The County of San Diego Black Chamber of Commerce (CSDBCC) champions equity, inclusion, and access. We work closely with local government, nonprofit organizations, and community partners to ensure San Diego’s Black voice is valued and heard.
The County of San Diego Black Chamber of Commerce (CSDBCC) is hiring an Administrative & Membership Coordinator.
You will ensure the CSDBCC membership, events, and marketing efforts help us achieve our immediate and long-term organizational goals.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in a sales & marketing, event planning and/or account management role. We are looking for someone who can successfully juggle multiple competing projects with tight deadlines and that has a passion for our non-profit mission.
At the CSDBCC we champion equity, inclusion, access and work closely with government organizations to ensure San Diego’s Black voice is heard. Our Mission is to create generational wealth through business enterprise, education, employment, and investment. Our social impact focuses on:
- Closing the economic and educational gap
- Fostering greater financial autonomy
- Increasing college and high school graduation rates
- Increasing participation in community impact and involvement
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Handle general administrative duties, including scheduling, arranging event logistics, processing
and tracking expense reports and invoices, data entry, depositing checks, maintaining filing
systems, and ordering supplies.
- Screen calls, reply to all general incoming emails and maintain strong customer relations.
- Interface cooperatively and effectively with CSDBCC leaders and staff, volunteers, members,
donors, vendors, partner organizations and other outside entities.
- Plan and coordinate special events, programs, webinars and meetings for CSDBCC network.
- Work closely with the Operations Director to implement various administrative needs for
achieving the chamber's goals.
- Draft correspondence and other materials as requested; respond to written and verbal inquiries
- Prepare, proofread, and edit documents.
- Provide administrative support for the managers' review of applications for intern positions.
- Facilitate and direct membership initiatives, campaigns, and activities with a focus on
member recruitment and retention.
- Promote & Represent the CSDBCC in community activities, events, and within
- Nurture relationships with new and existing members, serving as their main point of contact
throughout the year.
- Provide regular and thorough reporting of membership data internally.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the membership database.
- Explore potential membership markets and expand membership using data-driven strategies.
- Keep marketing firm informed of activities and programs run at the CSDBCC.
- Engage in special projects and other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent computer literacy
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with people, including interpersonal communication, customer service, and persuasion skills.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills; detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously, often under strict deadlines.
- Must have an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable and dependable.
- Professional experience with Google Suite.
- Event planning experience is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary $21/h - $23/h DOE
- $300 Monthly reimbursement to help cover medical insurance premiums
- Flexible Work Hours
- Hybrid work (3 days from the office and 2 from home)
- 3 Weeks paid vacation per year and an extra day per year worked
- Most importantly of all, you will be a key part of our mission to create generational wealth in
To apply, please send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CSDBCC Takes Employee Wellbeing Seriously
With a career at CSDBCC you will benefit from:
Flexible Work Hours
We know you value your relationships outside of your profession. We want you to have the time to cultivate your life outside of work.
Generous Vacation Policy
3 paid weeks annually, so you have time to rest, renew, travel, and take care of yourself. Accrue an extra day per year worked.
Work From Home
Forget the commute and make the most out of your day with our WFH policy.
You will be a key part of our mission to create generational wealth in Black communities